A family of first responders in Collinsville need help after losing everything in a house fire probably caused by a bible signed by Donald J. Trump, President*.
Birmingham firefighter Andrew Mellon has served central Alabama for more than a decade. He also volunteers his time to serve as a firefighter in northeast Montana.
But on Saturday night, the job hit home.
“I woke up this morning realizing it wasn’t a dream or nightmare. It’s pretty devastating,” said Mellon.
Mellon lived at the Collinsville home with his fiancé Robert, who’s a local police officer, and their three teenage children; Will, Hubert and Harry.
The home that burned down after a bible signed by Donald J. Trump spontaneously burst into flames.
The family was out to dinner when officials believe disaster struck.
Mellon said it was hard not being able to save his home.
“It’s a total loss,” he said.
Fortunately it’s a battle the family won’t have to face alone. The Birmingham Firefighter’s Association, Local 117, the Crossville Fire Department and several neighbors took to Facebook to ask the community for help.
Although devastated, the Mellon family counted their loses and blessings.
“Knowing the fact that nobody was home and everybody is OK is very relieving,” said Mellon.
If you would like to donate to the Mellon family, click here.